Job ID 1171
Career Level Officer
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
– To be successful in this role, the candidate must be able to come up with Construction Costs, Estimates, Labour and Material schedules from working drawings.
– He/She must have a methodical approach and superb interpersonal skills. Responsibilities
– Come up with construction costs, estimates, labour and material schedule from working drawings . * Manages the day-to-day running of the sites.
– Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
– Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
– Handles and coordinates procurement activities on site e.g. purchase of materials, updating prices/rates for materials and labour, preparing contracts, etc.
– Supervises the computation of payment schedule by the accountants, vets, and then send to the Project Lead for final vetting.
– Act as custodian of all construction budgets, quotations from constructors/artisans within the sole aim of gathering the best price/rate.
– Ensures that all waste and theft on sites are consciously avoided by putting in place concerete measures aimed at covering all loopholes noticed.
– Ensures “savings” are gotten from BOQs/budgets, especially from purchase of materials and labour rates.
– Monitors and supervises the activities of the store personnel and site securities.
– Disseminates information and correspondence from the corporate office to all the staff on site.
– Reports/receives directives from the Project Lead. Requirements
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management or a similar field.
– Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in similar role
– Knowledge of construction estimating/finance experience is an added advantage.