Job ID 1069
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
The Quantity Surveyor will be involved in procurement, cost management and reporting. Estimating, tender preparation, rates analysis, material schedule, preparation of BOQ evaluating and establish the cost of production, installation, materials and workmanships and to come out with a well planned quotation which is beneficial to both the company and the main contractors / client for each individual project that the company is handling.
S / he will be responsible for maximizing project margin and adding value to the company’s construction process
- M.Sc. in Quantity Surveying, Project Management or any related field of study.
- Second degree in any related field
- 5+ years working as a senior Quantity Surveyor in a construction company.
- Registered with the Quantity Surveyor Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN)
- A member of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyor (NIQS)
- Determined work ethic and must be seen to be professional at all times (communication and presentation)
- Must be computer literate with sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- Drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors
- Carry out monthly financial reviews (CVRs) on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Any other additional task assigned