Job ID 1191
Career Level Officer
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
- Through a combination of methodologies, the Quantity Surveyors would carry out an assessment of 12 State Central Medical Stores (warehouses) for the purpose of renovating and upgrading each to pharmaceutical grade.
- The assessment would take a professional look at the warehouses as it is. In comparison with international standards, gaps would be identified and in collaboration with state actors make recommendation on what is needed to close the gaps to renovate and upgrade to the pharma-grade.
Analysis and Reporting:
From the processes above, data would be generated, analyzed and recommendations be made that would be used to engage a contractor for renovation and upgrades. These would include:
- Line list of needs (in order of priority as determined by the state) Line list of required interventions Dimension of the available warehouse and the handling space around Estimated costing of the items/milestones and the entire warehouse renovation or upgrade Prepare a detailed design of upgrade based on the findings in each CMS facility
- Required level of effort/duration of renovation Prepare standard bill of quantities [BOQ] in relation to the upgrades required per warehouse per state. Prepare activity narrative report Submit all the above to MSH and NPSCMP as hard and soft copies.
- Report and recommendation/BoQ shall be agreed and endorsed by the state principal, CMS manager, DPS.
- Submission of well-articulated BOQ/BEME for each warehouse.
- Submission of any relevant recommendations, as applicable.
- B.Sc. / HND in Quantity Surveying
- Master’s Degree in Project Management/Quantity Survey desirable
- Membership of The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and Quantity Surveyor Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years progressive work experience in Quantity Surveying roles or Project Management
- Good knowledge of donor regulations especially Global Fund, USG etc. rules on renovation / repair works
- Development of Bill of Quantities
- Verifiable evidence of performance in similar jobs
- Utilization of software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Use of basic tools like excel to more advanced industry-specific costing software
- Experience using drafting software like Autodesk or Auto CAD
- Contract Administration/Management
- Project cost tracking and documentation
- Experience working closely with Architects, contractors, vendors, and project managers
- Experience of contract work with public sector/government.
Skills & Abilities:
- Practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- Negotiation and teamwork skills
- Excellent communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced company
- Must be self-disciplined, have great time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.