Job ID 1030
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
We are searching for a reliable quantity surveyor who will manage the contractual and financial side of our construction projects.
- He/she will manage the costs of construction projects as well as help to ensure that our projects are completed within budget.
- Maintain and implement construction preform/budget for each project.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, research new materials for design and cost savings, and develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand and assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, handle change order requests.
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations, ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate.
- Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies; assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines assist in maintaining company quality control program.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and continually improve pricing and quality of work; meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary.
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability.
- Maintain sub/supplier information on company online management systems, and manage materials/equipment inventory.
- Negotiate and agree on contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Process payments and invoices.
- Keep contract files and use them as references for the future.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth.
- Develop a purchasing strategy.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Prepares monthly budget for all site works from site requisitions.
- Liaise with all site supervisors and managers.
Qualification and Background
- HND in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or related field.
- 4 years minimum experience post-NYSC.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.