Job ID 1109
Career Level Officer
Experience 7 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
- Quantity Survey and other relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in quantity surveying
- A solid understanding of construction.
- Competent with industry-standard software
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building abilities.
- Effective bargaining skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Capacity for organisation, planning, and strategy.
- Create and implement new purchasing strategies to achieve continued cost reductions and simplification of processes.
- Purchase items or services that meet the organization’s quantity and quality requirements.
- Contracts with subcontractors and suppliers should be negotiated for the best possible pricing terms.
- Explore novel materials for design and cost reduction
- Ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers produce proof of product insurance coverage
- Ensure firm awareness and compliance with all applicable building codes and local construction regulations.
- Using computer software, produce reports and statistics.
- Contribute to the upkeep of the company’s quality control programme
- Utilize technology, safety precautions, and information exchange to improve productivity and profitability.
- Manage change order requests and anticipate future need
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Maintain and implement each project’s construction form and budget
- Create job specifications, estimate impending demand, assist in resolving invoicing or contract disputes, and manage requests for change orders.
- Issue purchase orders for the acquisition and shipment of materials and equipment for projects.
- Ensuring compliance with project budgets and give an analysis of variances, as well as assure proper take-offs, in order to ensure budget accuracy.