Job ID 1004
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
The quantity surveyor manages all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Surveyors seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk, value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- allocating work to subcontractors;
- providing advice on contractual claims;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- BSc/HND in Quantity Surveying
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC qualification experience.
- Candidates must have worked as QS for a construction company
- Must understand the different types of bonds and where they are applicable – Advance Payment, Retention, Performance, Bid etc
- Must understand how to prepare material and labour schedule
- Must be able to prepare BOQ with rates taking off with project drawings
- Must have excellent understanding of grades of concrete with their mix ratios
- Must have excellent understanding of how to prepare valuations and variation claims
- Must understand what terms like penultimate valuation, half moiety, LAD, etc.
- Must understand how to price project preliminaries in relation to extension of time.
- Must understand the various methods of valuing preliminaries for an ongoing project
- Must understand the preambles and conditions of contract – FIDIC , SMM and JCT
- Must understand the various types of contracts – Fixed, Fluctuating, All inclusive etc
- Must understand site materials inventory management and control.
- Must have executed at least two projects with the value of 500 Million Naira (10 Million Cedis) each, or a single project with a value of 1 Billion Naira (20 Million Cedis) as the QS in charge for a construction company.
- Must have good understanding of how to perform cost control analysis, and draw up reports on changes to work and contractor’s claims.