Job ID 1148
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor / HND
Candidate will perform the following duties and not limited:
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the construction lifecycle.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from subs and contractors
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
- You will also be Responsible For
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
Candidate will be expected to have the following;
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years post-graduate experience working in a construction cost management related role.
- College and/or Post-graduate Degree in Construction Management, Cost Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering or field related to construction.
- RICS accredited or working towards.
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
Who are You?
- You are a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 – 10 years post-graduate experience working on large-scale, mission critical construction projects.
- Have experience within the Real Estate, Retail, Commercial, Oil & Gas, Energy and Minning.